Whether you cook on a regular basis or are a newbie that’s just getting their feet wet, you would certainly want to know some unique cooking tricks that can simplify the process. There are plenty of such tricks that can make cooking easier and more rewarding for people and Ido Fishman has highlighted some of them for your convenience.
You can find them out below:
- Put a wooden spoon across the pot when you are making pasta. Doing this will be useful because it prevents the water from boiling over, which means you can avoid a big, sticky mess.
- If you have a garlicky smell on your hands, Ido Fishman recommends that you rub them directly on the sink before you wash them. You can also do the rubbing on a spoon, or anything that’s made from stainless steel.
- Microwave eggs in a tea cup if you want poached eggs quickly. Just crack the eggs in a tea cup, use a saucer to cover them and put them in the microwave for 60 seconds.
- Add some salt to your cutting board before you begin chopping your herbs. This can be handy because it prevents the herbs from flying around while you are cutting. If you don’t want to use salt, Ido Fishman says you can opt for garlic for the same results.
- Use warm salty water for soaking chicken breasts before you begin cooking. This is an excellent option for you to keep your chicken moist because dry chicken is not something most people want to eat.
- If you don’t want your food to stick, Ido Fishman Chef suggests that you use some mayonnaise. This doesn’t mean that you have to use a lot of it; you only need to add a thin coating and this will prevent the meat, fish and a horde of other ingredients from sticking to the pan.
- Pat dry any meat before you begin frying it. How is this helpful? It ensures that meat will not release moisture when it meets the hot oil and if there is less moisture, resulting in crispier skin.
- If peeling garlic feels like a chore, Ido Fishman recommends that you crush it under the blade because this will make it easier.
- Planning on cooking rice? Then you should definitely rinse them before cooking because this will help you in getting rid of all the excess starch and will help them be fluffier.
- According to Ido Fishman, you should ensure that your pan is not overcrowded when you have to sauté your vegetables. Your vegetables will become steamed rather than sautéedbecause there will not be enough hot surface area.
- Roll all your lemons under the palm before you make lemon juice. Ido Fishman says you can also microwave them for about 10 to 15 seconds. Either way, you will be able to break down the lemons, which makes it easier to make juice from them.
- You need to make sure that the oil is hot enough for whatever you want to fry. Ido Fishman suggests that you stick a wooden spoon or a skewer in the oil. If you see bubbles forming around the wood, then you can start frying.
- Remove the egg shells easily by wetting your fingers with water. You only need to run a little water over the fingers and it becomes easier to grab the pieces of the egg shells when your hands are wet.
- One of the best safety tips recommended by Ido Fishman is to turn the handles of your pans away from you. This will ensure that you don’t hit them and end up knocking them off the stove.
- When you are reheating any baked goods in the microwave like pizza, add a cup of water to it for adding moisture to the air and preventing it from drying out.